It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only option when installing a home security system. Forget placing a and indoor camera on a table or managing your components with a smartphone. However, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless installations. You now have a range of additional advantages to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, components that connect and react to each other, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in Decatur will safeguard your home while making your life easier.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
Above all else, wireless home security systems must have a reliable internet and Wi-Fi connection to function properly. If you have access to high-speed internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to keep you connected to your monitoring professionals without interruption.
If you make your home in a rural setting without dependable cellular or internet access, a wired configuration will in all probability be a better choice. Or It could also make more sense from a financial standpoint to go a wired approach if you relocate to a home that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Decatur will enhance your property’s protection, which is the primary purpose to begin with. On the other hand, if you prefer the idea of having the latest technology, review the following benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to everything in your house from your locks to your surveillance cameras directly from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to check camera footage, switch on your lights, and even arm your system if you neglected to do so. When an intrusion or emergency does occur, you may have alerts dispatched right to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming installations. One of the best aspects of wireless components is that you can install them just about in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you want to customize sometime in the future with other equipment, bringing elements into your configuration is not complicated.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices a reality with quick, bi-directional communications. You can set your system to act in certain circumstances to enhance your safety and discourage break-ins. For instance, if your exterior surveillance discerns unusual disturbances around your home, it is able to instantly signal your entryway lighting to illuminate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Decatur
Even though wireless home security systems in Decatur are known to be dependable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about installing one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the common concerns:
- Battery-operated wireless components could fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart devices will send you a notification whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally have to be positioned within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to increase your flexibility.
- Like any computer network, the risk of hacking is relevant. But you are able to do things to minimize the chance of this happening by using strong passwords, always changing default configurations, and using a router with a built-in firewall. In addition, you should only employ security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the latest in Decatur wireless home security? Contact us at (256) 246-8823 to consult with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the most suitable package for your residence.