Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Decatur
You realize you have to safeguard your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you have all of your valuables. But what type of home defense is best? Figuring out if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Decatur and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection links to an external monitoring team that is prepared to act at any moment. Whenever an entrypoint sensor triggers or a CO detector begins beeping, your monitoring professionals receive a warning immediately. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional support. You can consider this option as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to take action to resolve it. This option is the more affordable alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Decatur
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system on your side is always wise. If you are not on site, asleep, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll react quicker to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Better equipment and seamless integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully connected system with devices that may be better than what you will come across on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Numerous residents would prefer to have the job completed by skilled experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement is likely to be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Decatur
Here’s a short rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: DIYers could consider this a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an extra fee. Other people might prefer going with an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You can incorporate devices whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you could find incorporating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t receive a security warning? This scenario will generate more stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: As you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you need assistance during the installation, you may have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Decatur
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Decatur from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the ideal choice for your family. Dial (256) 246-8823 today to customize your package.