Security cameras can easily be placed as a hindrance—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras arrive armed with an array of features all tailor-made to deliver all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Decatur.
How To Set Up Your Decatur Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing them in the best spots around your living space. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented spots such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart move to have a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear scene of your porch, driveway, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. Then see a view of your front porch via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your interior that are less imperative to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your family ought to be a chief regard prior to installing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera placement is only the beginning in getting the utmost from home security cameras in Decatur. The additions listed below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your smart device anytime abnormal motion is detected. You can also set cameras to begin recording when motions are discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your home security cameras to film and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Most of modern security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually speak to guests with the device. Via your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and gives you a more comprehensive view of any space. Check for cameras that have at least 120° coverage or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up clips of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the flexibility to guard specific locations within your living space.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Decatur is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (256) 246-8823 or complete the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.