The latest home security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still neglect to complete basic security tasks like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks again? With geofencing in Decatur, you can simply drive off to work and have your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Decatur For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you are able to arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then tracks your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to communicate with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You can then draw specific boundaries on all sides of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
To illustrate, as soon as you leave your property, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Decatur. With the security app, you can do a lot with home automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to dim to signal that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components activate when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera senses abnormal activity outside.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable the security system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Decatur
Whether you seek extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (256) 246-8823 or complete the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.