Helpful Tips For Using Home Security Lighting In Decatur
Deterrence is a critical part of your home’s protection, and one of the leading ways to keep thieves away from your entry points is by using lights. A well-lit landscape not only looks fantastic, it’s also less likely to have break-ins. If you wish to upgrade your property’s security, check out these valuable recommendations for home security lighting in Decatur. We have several ideas for outside and inside illumination that will assist your family.
Elevate Your Home’s Protection And Appeal With Outdoor Lighting
The right kind of landscape lighting and well-positioned outdoor cameras will work wonders in keeping invaders away from your residence. Try the following Decatur exterior lighting recommendations.
- Illuminate your entry points: Your front door and rear entrance continue to be the most common places for invasions. Make sure those entries are covered but don’t forget your garage. While powerful motion-activated floodlights are a common installation for this location, it’s not your only possibility. Rather than blinding your neighbors every time a critter scurries past, think about using less offensive lights that remain on throughout the night. Sure, intense, motion-activated floodlights may scare off unwanted guests, but having a well-positioned light that stays lit is more likely to keep them out of your yard in the first place.
- Integrate multi-purpose task lights: Those beautiful lights along your paver walkway do more than show you the way at night. They also allow you to see certain spots of your yard you might otherwise not be able to from indoors.
- Add allure and protection with accents: Not solely for added appeal, accent lights are a smart way to shine light on spots that might serve as hideouts. You can put accents in flower beds outside ground-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or beside trees and hedges. These options create a dazzling effect while enhancing your safety.
- Shine light on your perimeter: A thorough approach should also include your perimeter. Brightening your fencing, gates, and outer boundaries of your property will help discourage trespassers.
How To Boost Security With Interior Lighting in Decatur
Home security lighting in Decatur consists of more than just exterior illumination. Your inside lights play a role in improving safety as well. Smart bulbs that integrate into your home’s protection are beneficial for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling functionality: Keep your lights on a schedule and make it appear like people are inside. This is an effective deterrent and a wise strategy if you’re gone.
- Access from wherever you are: If you take a vacation but neglect to implement a schedule, you can still turn them on with your convenient smartphone app.
- Linking to other security sensors: If the motion sensor on your outdoor camera trips, you could have an inside light switch on automatically. This action is an additional way to deter prowlers.
Deter Theft Even More With A Home Protection Plan In Decatur From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Back up your well-illuminated residence with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in Decatur let you control and automate all kinds of smart implements, including your lights. Reach out to (256) 246-8823 today to customize a package for your home.