If you’re the same as most homeowners, you need your property to be safeguarded all the time. but, do home security systems work in Decatur?
The quick answer: you bet. That is if you get the right security system. Not only will the sensors and alarms give wonderful security, the advanced equipment give a level of convenience and control you may not have thought about previously. By using home automation, security cameras, and access through a smartphone app, you can have a safe smart house.
Let's pause a second to see why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a good recommendation for your property.
Essential Home Security Features
So you can ensure your Decatur home security system works to its potential, you have to get these necessary home security components:
- Entryway sensors: You may find this weird, but many burglars break into your home through your front door. The other most common points of entry are back doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, window and door sensors are deemed the base of your home security system. When the security system is armed and your door or window sensors are tripped, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your 24/7 monitoring professionals will be contacted.
- Touchscreen central hub: Don’t look for confusing number pads, as modern touchpads now manage your security devices. These hubs can also manage your automation, home security cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The topmost home security system let you manage every part of your home security through a smartphone app. Now if a sensor or alarm triggers, you will get an instant notification to your phone. Also, activate your alarms anywhere, schedule your smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- ADT decals and yard signs: While there is no automation in a small, blue yard sign or a window decal, they do alert an aspirational thief that your property is safeguarded.
Can A Alarm System Protect Your Home In Decatur?
While it could seem like pearl-clutching to install sensors and download a security app when you already have door locks and chose a safe town, the studies support the notion that a security system can still secure your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University concludes that many burglars will actively steer clear of homes with a home security system installed. They’ll instead opt to break-into an easier home that is left poorly protected.
That correlated with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized houses do not have a home security system. With numbers, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that are secured. And while showing that your house has a system helps prevent forceful entry, other items -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also help discourage an intruder.
Of course, modern security systems can do more than buzz an siren. Nowadays you can add in some advanced components and services that make a home security energy efficient and safe.
24/7 Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup Plan
Does a alarm system work in Decatur when they don’t have 24-hour monitoring? Having a backup plan is always the best ideas and 24/7 monitoring from trained experts can ensure the authorities arrive to the scene faster after a triggered alarm.
Monitoring experts are there to secure your home all day long -- whether you are home or not. If you’re not on site to hear the siren, they’ll get a hold of you and the authorities after a tripped component. Even when you’re in the house, you will be busy making sure kids and pets are accounted for and safe.
Get The Same Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, CO, and Medical
When you get your home security, you can cover much more than motion detectors. equipment like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be connected to your overall home defense. If an emergency is found, your sensors will trigger just like your security alarms. Then when the high-decibel siren sounds, your round-the-clock monitoring team are notified, and a text will come to your mobile device.
Or make use of a panic button, which can be easily connected to you or a loved one through a lanyard, bracelet, or clip. If someone you live with is a fall risk or a medical problem, they can employ a two-finger button to contact the monitoring team.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best smart home alarms and cameras give you a level of management and comfort you’ve never had before. They will make your house more efficient and reactive. And when you pair automation to your home security system, they will also make your property that much safer. For example:
- Put your smart bulbs on a pre-set schedule to make it feel that your home is inhabited when you’re at work.
- Have your inside smart lighting turn on as your security camera senses suspicious motion.
- Use geofencing to secure your smart locks, turn off your living room lights, and decrease the thermostat when you go to work.
- Create custom scenes that can pre-program your lighting levels, temperature, alarms, and other equipment with one tap of a button.
- Or just check on all your alarms and cameras and set your devices with your security app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll save through smart devices, and you’ll see how much you can use a smart security system in Decatur. You will also be able to direct your system with vocal commands when you connect your home security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your House With Wireless Cameras
Signs, decals, and outside lights are great home invasion disincentives, but security cameras can take your defense to another level. The furthest thing a burglar wants is to be seen on a video feed as the 30-second clip might be used against them in a criminal case. You can install outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, all which give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you want to see what’s the sound you heard in the yard? Would you need to say hi to the kids when they get home from school? Has the package been delivered yet? All you need is to pull up the clip from your mobile app. You could also allow texts on your smartphone whenever a delivery person rings the doorbell or your cameras detects sudden motion. Then chat with who’s there with the 2-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Find A Home Security System In Decatur?
Need help in creating a home security system that works in Decatur? Our security agents can help you choose the best alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be bundled into one affordable package. Contact us today at (256) 246-8823 or complete the form below.