What features do you need in a baby monitor in Decatur?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You put a a device with a built-in microphone in close contact to the sleeping area, which transmits an audio feed to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Fortunately, baby monitors now have more options. For instance, today’s monitors now have clear HD video capability and two-direction communications. You can even hook some monitors to Wi-Fi so you can move around wherever you want. The latest baby monitors in Decatur are so sophisticated that they resemble indoor security cameras in both functionality and expense.
Should you swap out a baby monitor with an integrated surveillance system?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras share similar capabilities, there are quite a few parents in Decatur integrating their nursery to their home security system. So it makes sense -- specifically if you have to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will include:
● Night vision video: Your monitoring device should include 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● 2-way communications: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to soothe your child back to sleep. Your calming voice could be all you need to keep bundle of joy sleeping.
● Sensors and alerts: While it’s possible to have your camera continuously carefully watch your newborn, your attentiveness could begin to waver. But if your security camera notices unexpected movements, then you can get a text alert on your phone. Perfect when the baby silently tries to climb over the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the room.
● Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors don’t record portions of video. You can now transmit a 20-second clip to friends or family members to let them see what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: Instead of carrying an external monitor wherever you go, you can view your child from a simple smartphone app. You could even touch base with your young one and babysitter if you’re able to get a night out.